Online Couples Counseling in Texas
Whether you have found that you and your partner have drifted apart, would like to improve your communication skills, or have found out about a recent affair, online couples counseling with a skilled therapist at Modern Wellness Counseling is a place for you and your partner to reconnect and rebuild your relationship.
Maybe you have felt that you have “no time” for couples counseling because you live in Austin or Houston, TX, and don’t have time to sit in traffic for your session. Perhaps you live in Fredericksburg, TX, and may not have many options for couples counseling.
Or maybe you just want to do couples counseling in your own home because you do not want to risk running into someone you may know. Regardless of your reason, online couples counseling can help you and your partner meet your goals.
Online Couples Counseling in San Antonio, TX May Be the Solution for You
You are looking for specialized counselors and therapists who provide high-quality services, but you also need therapy that fits with your lifestyle and to fit into your schedule. Our therapists get it and understand these needs. Online couples counseling at Modern Wellness Counseling may be the answer you have been looking for. Our therapists are compassionate, skilled, and specialize in various areas such as working with infidelity, communication issues, and conflict management. By using our secured client portal for your therapy sessions, we are able to offer you effective couples counseling without the hassle of coming into a counseling office.
Benefits of Online Couples Counseling in San Antonio, TX
- Saves you so much driving time, especially if you live in a place like Dallas or San Antonio, TX. Instead, you can conveniently login to your secured client portal from your laptop, computer, tablet, or smartphone and start your online therapy session.
- Online couples therapy is as effective as in-person counseling. In addition, online therapy helps with couples meeting consistently and have higher attendance, which helps in reaching your goal.
- It is easy to use, flexible and your privacy is protected!
Our Online Couples Therapists Can Help You
Our couples therapists know what it feels like to worry your marriage is falling apart and slipping through your hands. We have sat with countless other couples who weren’t sure what the next move was or how to move forward. Our couples therapists are all specially trained to offer marriage counseling and use either Gottman Method or Emotionally Focused Therapy. In fact, we’ve been helping couples in the San Antonio area reconnect since our counseling practice opened in 2016.
Below you will find some common topics that we see in our practice.
Modern Wellness Counseling’s Approach to Couples Counseling
When you begin couples counseling, we will start off the first session with both you and your partner present in order for your couples therapist to learn your dynamic, your treatment goals as a couple, and to review your treatment plan together. We understand that your schedules may be busy and it is okay if you and your partner need to login from a separate location. Your secured session link from your client portal will work for both you and your partner.
Your First Online Couples Counseling Session
After your first session, and depending on what is being worked on, your couples therapist may meet with the two of you individually before returning for your next couples therapy session.
Every couple and presenting issue is unique and your therapist will tailor your treatment to your needs.
You can expect to receive some exercises to do in between your sessions and sometimes some worksheets to further your learning and understanding.
Couples Counseling Options
Our couples therapists use scientifically proven interventions and techniques from the Gottman Method, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, and Client-Centered Therapy
Begin Online Couples Counseling in Texas with Modern Wellness Counseling
- Getting started with a couples therapist is easy and convenient. You can schedule online through our client portal.
- If you are planning to use your insurance, please note that only a few clinicians accept limited insurance plans for couples counseling. You can give our office a call at 210-706-0392 and our intake coordinator can answer any questions you may have. If your insurance is accepted, she can get you scheduled and gather needed insurance information.
What we need from you
- In order to get scheduled for online couples counseling, we will need the following from you (whether you schedule online or by phone) your and your partner’s full name, email address, and phone number.
- We do require you to make a $40 deposit to hold your intake session and this deposit goes towards your first session’s payment.
What to expect in between scheduling and your session
- After you get scheduled, you and your partner will receive a link to your secured client portal. You will each have documents to sign and complete 24 hours before your intake session. This allows for your intake couples session to be focused on your presenting issue.
- Ten minutes before your session, you will receive a secured link for your video call. You can use this link to join in on your online couples therapy session.
“I’m thankful that I learned how to understand myself and partner, so we can listen and validate each other. Before therapy, we had no idea how to do this.”