Summer Activity Ideas to Plan for That Enhance Your Online Couples Counseling Experience
Have you and your partner been trying to come up with some summer activities to do but are tired of the same things you do every summer? Or maybe you and your partner are trying to find some new activities that will enhance what you both get out of your couples counseling experience? For couples it is important to stay connected and do things together that will make it feel like you are still in the beginning phases of dating again. Going out and doing fun activities will enhance you and your partner’s relationship and will ultimately lead to an enhanced couples counseling experience. At Modern Wellness Counseling we offer the best online therapy to help you and your partner come up with activities to enhance your couples counseling experience.
What comes to mind when you and your partner think of summer? Maybe it’s looking forward to that big summer trip or something as small as hanging out by the pool and having a barbeque on the weekend. Or maybe you both are looking forward to finding and planning some new activities that you all have not done yet. The summer is a great time to get out of the house and try something new that you and your partner may have been wanting to try for a while now. This blog will focus on fun summer activities you and your partner can do without breaking the bank and how those activities can enhance your couples counseling experience and online therapy experience.
Here are some fun activities to try this summer
- Make some boozy slushies or popsicles and relax in the backyard: Make a date out of it and plan ahead with your partner to come up with some recipes you both will enjoy. This is something you can be creative, fun and turn into a good time. You and your partner can start by looking up fun recipes or maybe even keep the recipes a secret and try to come up with something you know your partner will love and vice versa. Then head out and get the supplies you need, come home, and let the fun begin. This activity will help you and your partner communicate what you like and don’t like when it comes to the flavors you make for them. This will help enhance your communication skills which will be a good skill to have when it comes to couples counseling.
- Enter a cooking contest or host one at home: Entering a cooking contest together is a fun way to work as a team and strengthen your communication. If you can’t seem to find any around town or that just doesn’t seem like something you both would like to do try hosting a contest at home. Gather up some of your friends or family and invite them over to have a cook off. Select a few people to be the judges and let the cookoff fun begin!
- Take a road trip: Loading up the car and taking a road trip together is a great way to get out of the house and the same boring routine you are used to. If you and your partner can’t get off of work during the week, a weekend trip is a great alternative. Plan something fun and exciting close to home that you and your partner have never been to before. This is a great way to reconnect and forget about everything at home.
- Thrift shop: Thrift shopping or even garage sale shopping can be a fun goofy activity that you and your partner can do. Set a small budget and go out and find an outfit for your partner to wear on a date night. This can be a fun activity that can spark up some laughs in the relationship. If you and your partner don’t feel comfortable wearing the outfits out in public, host an intimate dinner at home to show off the new outfits.
- Go on a picnic: Pack up a bag with all of you and your partner’s favorite food and drinks and have a picnic. You can head to a nearby park to have the picnic or set up a cute blanketed area with lots of pillows in your backyard. Put on some music and fill up some glasses of wine and there you have a cute picnic date.
- Create a summer bucket list: To keep the activities going, sit down with your partner and come up with a bucket list that you both want to complete by the end of summer. Create fun and memorable things to do with each other. The activities can be something as small as trying out the new restaurant that just opened up down the street or as big and exciting as you want the activities to be. The choice is yours!
Coming up with fun things to do with your partner will strengthen the bond and create unforgettable memories. These activities are great ways to enhance and get more out of your couples counseling experiences. Activities like the ones we talked about in this blog get the conversations going and allow you and your partner to work together to come up with things you both enjoy doing and allow both partners to get a say so as to what they want or like in each activity. These activities are something you and your partner can talk about in Online Therapy, online couples counseling or even online marriage counseling to get the best online therapy experience. You and your partner can talk to your therapist about what you liked and didn’t like about the activities, what you could have done differently, or even come up with new fun and activities to try next summer.
There are definitely many more activities you and your partner can do this summer or really any time of the year. If you would like help, feel free to contact our office at (210) 706-0392 to learn healthy ways of coming up with summer activity ideas to plan for that enhance your online couples counseling experience. You deserve it!
By Priscilla Rodriguez, M.S., LMFT, Owner of Modern Wellness Counseling